Wednesday, March 05, 2014

My vintage Chanel jumbo flap in action

Isn't it gorgeous!

Every year my pal Bunky gives a Valentine's Day tea party at the Ritz for all of "his ladies." We are all requested to wear red. This year I didn't have a red dress or suit to wear, so I made do with a red and white mini-check shirt and a red cashmere cardigan. Red lips and nail polish, of course.

Because that didn't seem dressy enough, I got out the big guns: two red Hermès bangles and a red and white Twilly tied to the strap of my circa 1990s Chanel bag. I've never seen a picture of me carrying it--it's a wow, isn't it?

I lunched with the two other ladies pictured here, and we had a terrific time.


hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Yes a resounding Yes!
You look radiant and beautiful.
I'd love to have that bag....

blackbird said...

You are

Amblus said...

Looooooove. Beautiful bag and you look great!

LPC said...

Imma give you a BIG wow:).

Paola said...

First let me tell you, you look absolutely wonderful in this shot.

Secondly (and I am shocked I do) I own that Chanel. Oh yes I do. And there's more to it: I bought in Beverly Hills on my honeymoon.
Yes I DID!

Can you detect a slight excitement in my comment?

Poppy Buxom said...

Thanks, ladies!

Faux Fuchsia said...

I long for a friend called Bunky to take me to the Ritz while I frock up in red! x

Me, myself, and I

Related Posts with Thumbnails