Sunday, March 31, 2013

... and you'll find that you're / In the Photogravure

If you blog like bird, you let the pictures do the talking. Let's try that, shall we?

The Buxoms went on a Disney cruise to the Western Caribbean.


Miss Buxom has always been a Minnie fan. And now Disney sells dresses for grown-up ladies that, while they are not official Minnie wear, are decidedly Minnie-esque. To buy one to wear to "formal night," was, for us, the work of an instant.

(For "formal night," Young Master Buxom wears his hair pulled back, and wears a shirt that isn't a vintage heavy metal concert tee. You're welcome, Disney "formal night" nazis.)


Here are Mr. Buxom and me on the beach on Grand Cayman. I'm wearing Lilly pants that used to not zip. Thank you, gym.


Lunch at Guy Harvey's Island Grill. They sell Cuban rum, so for Mr. Buxom to order a shot was, for him, the work of an instant.

Our second and only other port was Cozumel. We were supposed to explore the coral reefs, but due to rough weather, the excursion was cancelled. As you can see,

that didn't bother us very much.

We went on a margarita hunt instead.

 
The chips disappeared due to the deliciousness of the salsa, guacamole, and whatever the mysterious spicy brown liquid was. Please note the Hidden Mickey Margarita. Also that it was my second.

 Under all the food, I'm wearing J. McLaughlin pants--size 12, bitches! How did I do it?


This is me with my Personal Trainer, Matt. He kicked my ass during four PT sessions and two boot camps, which meant that I could zip up my pants without having to lie down on the bed. Wait, that sounded bad, didn't it. (Thank you, Matt.)


Finally, home again where I loaded up my last two Easter baskets. (The boy child will be at college next year, she sobbed.) Two years ago, the baskets were full of Parisian goodies. Last year, they were full of chocolate kangaroos and bilbies, thanks to a trip to Sydney. This year, they featured all kinds of Disney silliness.

Happy Easter, everybody!

p.s. Watch out for the coconut-flavored M&Ms. Your jeans will thank you.

9 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a good time! What a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!
    It would appear that you have had yet another amazing Buxom adventure.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look Amazing, what a nice family! I am happy to see you had a good time and size 12!
    Rock it gurl!!!

    (we could swap clothes if we were closer ... we look so much alike)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful!
    (And I am super jealous of the Minnie dress!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and you are looking really good as is the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll have to revamp all your closets to showcase your skinny clothes!!

    Glad you're back!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Poppy, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos! I found you through the BBU Blog Hop and decided to follow. Great blog! Check mine out?

    http://sincerelyella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.